Welcome, Grade 4 Families! Here you will find important information regarding our classroom:
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Delfin’s Teaching Philosophy:
- Cultivating a love for truth, goodness, and beauty in the classroom and beyond
- Creating a classroom where each student respects and cares for one another as a beloved child of God
- Helping students discover their God-given gifts, and encouraging them to share them with the community
- Reading at home for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Students will write their homework and other important information in their planners. Parents/guardians are required to sign their child’s planner to ensure both students and parents are aware of the homework assigned.
- Students may also have assignments where they need to recite a poem, a story, or a presentation. Please encourage students to practice public speaking in front of a mirror or in front of an audience (such as their family, some stuffed toys, etc.) so they can feel more comfortable speaking in front of the class.
Foundation Skills Assessment (FSA) information (occurring October-November):
- For those who bring devices from home, please make sure they are labelled with your child’s name and that s/he brings earbuds/headphones and charging cords every day.
Physical Health Education class
- Every Monday and Friday mornings (first class of the day, 9:00am to 10:00am). Students are advised to wear their P.H.E uniform and sneakers/running shoes coming to school.
- P.H.E uniform can be the following: sneakers/runners, P.H.E shirt and shorts with St. Anthony logo, Walk-a-thon t-shirts.
- Please remember that P.H.E class requires sneakers/running shoes, and the rest of the day requires black school shoes.
- If your child is sick, please keep them home until s/he is feeling better.
- Please make sure that all of your child’s uniform items are labeled with his/her name.
I am excited for our school year ahead, and once again, welcome!
Warm regards and God bless,