Grade 3 – 2021-2022
Grade 3 will be a busy year, filled with fun and learning! I can’t wait to get started!
- Read for a minimum of 20 minutes each night (combination of reading aloud to parent and reading silently)
- Home Reading
- Unfinished Work
- Preparation for Speech Arts, Gr. 3 Assembly, Christmas Concert, (Grandparents’ Tea?)
- Students write their homework in their agendas every day.
- It is crucial that students complete homework/ gather project supplies by the due date given.
- If homework is incomplete, please send me a note or an email.
- Check Agenda every day for notes/messages.
- I have integrated technology into the curriculum. primarily through the use of online resources for Math and Language Arts.
- I am asking that students bring a tech device from home every day (iPad, tablet, chrome book, laptop). For those students who cannot bring one from home, I am hoping there will be school ones available for them.
- For those who bring devices from home, please make sure they are labeled with your child’s names and that s/he bring ear buds/headphones and charging cords every day.
- Students will not be using their PE strips this year. However, students will need to have a pair of runners at school every day. I recommend that students have a pair of runners that can stay at school all the time so that they don’t need to remember to bring them every day.
- As PE may take place outside in the rain/cold, I ask that students make sure they have jackets/coats, etc appropriate for the weather.
It can be messy! Please have your child bring in an art smock or old baggy t-shirt that can be put over his/her uniform, that can be kept at school, and that is labeled with your child’s name.
- We have students in our class/school with nut allergies. Please refrain from sending nut products to school.
- If your child has been prescribed an epipen, please ensure that s/he brings it to school every day. In addition, make sure that your child’s medical info is up to date at the office and that you have given them an epipen to keep there.
If your child needs glasses, please ensure that s/he brings them to school every day.
Please make sure that all of your child’s uniform items are labeled with his/her name.
- If you are NOT inviting the entire class to a party, please do not distribute (or have your child distribute) invitations at school.
I look forward to working together to make this school year a successful one!